Tequila

Tequila is an alcoholic beverage produced in Mexico from a plant named Agave tequilana (like Mezcal).

To obtain the designation “tequila”, this drink must be produced exclusively in the state of Jalisco and some municipalities in the states of Nayarit, Michoacán, Guanajuato and Tamaulipas.

There are four officially recognized types of tequila: Blanco (white), gold (golden), reposado (rested) and añejo (aged)

According to the designation of origin “Tequila”, tequila must contain at least 60% agave of the Azul variety (blue), the remaining 40% coming from sugar alcohols.

Higher quality and rather expensive tequilas mention “100% Agave”. Tequilas containing less than 100% agave are called “mixtos”.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Search again what you are looking for